My first photo light or white box was made from a cardboard box and white paper. It left something to be desired and that is being nice. So this weekend I decided to try my hand at a new photo box. It was super easy to make and I have already seen an improvement in my photos.
- 5 pieces of 18×24 white foam core
- White duct tape
- Exacto knife
- 2 adjustable desk lamps, try to find some with white inside (I found mine at Walmart for around $5 each) and 1 desk lamp with a clamp.
- Camera Tripod
- Select one piece to be the bottom. Take the other 4 pieces and cut about 12″ off, you don’t have to be real exact.
- Cut doors for the lamps on 3 of cut pieces. For each door, cut 3 sides all the way through. On the 4th side, just score the foam core. Make sure it is on the opposite side from where you want your door to open. This way if you are not using the doors they can be closed.
- Next construct your box. I started by attaching the sides to the bottom using the duct on the outside edges. Don’t add the top yet.
- Before adding the top, you will need to add a large piece of white paper to cover the back corner. This way you get a nice washed out background for your photos.
- Now attach the top. Set up your lights and you are ready to take pictures.